Saturday, July 7, 2007

was a patch of sunlight yesterday so i went to les jardins luxembourg. love them. sat and watched kids float boats, listened to the fountains, read my book wearing my new scarf that officially makes me an honourary frenchwoman! had to buy one. it is freezing-not even reaching 20 most days and is overcast and windy. didn't even bring jeans and only brought a light jacket as an afterthought!

stood outside the park hyatt for about an hour today with hordes of others (including international paparazzi) to see eva longoria and her beau. only ended up seeing her bridal party but was directly next to the window of the van they got into. was able to hear the conversation of the bridesmaids! they are wearing red by the way.

am going to the symphony. they are doing a tribute to film scores. should be great. tried to see some jazz last night but they were going to make me pay for a meal to listen! watched prison break in french instead. they also have y&r and an equivalent of ugly betty. survivor and big brother spin offs also exist! am learning more about the french from their tv than their grand palais!

gotta run, my time is running out!

p.s. worked up the courage to eat alone in a place i have been eyeing all week. yeah me! had a salad with warm chevre, nuts, honey and tomato. was great!

1 comment:

divajen said...

Read a little something for me in those jardins, will ya? Luxembourg is one of my faves in Paris....

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. And now I want salad....